[Talk-GB] Licence change - one month to go

MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 12:58:00 GMT 2012

> It is difficult to chase tainted junctions though.
>
> --
> Andrew

I've knocked something together as a trial for tainted junctions.  My
scripts extract the nodes at the start and end of a given set of ways
and pass them through quick history to check the licence state.

So far I've done motorways (and just motorways not links) that gives a
total of 19 junction nodes due to be removed (where junction=one way
meets another, not an actual motorway junction).  Thus I'd expect 19
gaps in the UK motorway system come 1 April. This is quite good (and is
probably a result that all the ways having been remapped).

I'm not sure how far I can extend this though.  The UK motorway system
has around 10,000 unique nodes at the start/end of ways.  Given that I
have to ask quick history to process all these nodes that number is
quite high. It might be possible to do the same process for Trunk Roads
(and their links) but I suspect that for ordinary A-Roads the list of
start/end nodes is likely to be too long to to deal with.  Note: It is
processing the intial list that is the problem, once I've process that
list I only need to ask about problem nodes the next time.

More info and a list of the problem nodes are on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:MarkS/Remapping