[Talk-GB] Vandalism changeset

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:52:06 GMT 2012

On 14 March 2012 13:40, Oliver O'Brien <mail at oliverobrien.co.uk> wrote:

> I think we are being too nice if we assume that edits like this might be someone new that doesn't realise they aren't in a sandbox, especially when they go through the trouble of pressing the save button and adding a (blank) comment.

I think you're being far too hasty with the cry of "vandalism" -
people make mistakes, people do things unwittingly. Adding a variety
of tags using what appears to be the the potlatch2 presets is hardly
conclusive proof of deliberate intent.

We've likely got many thousands of contributors who have made mistakes
during their edits. If everyone cries "vandalism" every time someone
messes up a route relation...

Cheers,
Andy