[Talk-GB] People wanting to remove the route of the HS2 from openstreetmap

Barry Cornelius barrycorneliusuk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:29:35 BST 2012

The facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/VictimsofHS2/
says
    it has been brought to my attention that the DfT have plotted and named
    HS2 on Open Street Map. Open Street Map is open to anyone to sign up to
    and edit. If you are feeling angry I recommend logging in and deleting
    sections of the HS2 route - its very theraputic!

Although I'm only a lurker on openstreetmap and talk-gb, my understanding
is that the DfT did not do this and that whoever did add HS2 to OSM would
probably not want it deleted.  If this is right, then maybe somebody who
knows more than me should enlighten these people.

--
Barry Cornelius
http://www.northeastraces.com/