[Talk-GB] Remapping update

Andy Street mail at andystreet.me.uk
Mon Mar 26 23:22:27 BST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 00:07 +0000, Robert Norris wrote:
> Next I then discover Andy Street had been also using Hampshire Council
> Council as a source reference in various changesets, such as:

While this doesn't have any direct bearing on my accepting the ODbL/CT
it might be useful for me to explain my edits regarding HCC data.

Over the years I've noticed several mappers quoting HCC as a data source
including at least one who was active in the early years of the project
and was aware of the copyright rules. When I raised the issue I was
informed that it was okay to use HCC data but I've never seen any
written proof of this. I therefore chose not to use HCC data in any of
my edits but refrained from deleting data as I had no proof of
wrongdoing.

IIRC the changesets you referenced were in response to edits by
essjayhch adding HCC references to existing ways sourced by GPS survey.
After confirming the source via PM I took the precaution of adding a
source:ref tag to clarify which bits of data came from which datasource.

Regards,

Andy