[Talk-GB] Hampshire Vandalization - No Bere Forest?

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 19:30:40 BST 2012

I've just noticed Bere Forest (and trails) has been wiped from the map:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.91178&lon=-1.15578&zoom=15

It's literally empty space!

Probably most where Andy Steets initial trials, but he's agreed so was there some over zealous deletion by some one?

Unfortunately the history service contains to many world edits to be of use, and the general OSM history is quit slow at the moment.
I think user monxton has tried to repair stuff.

I suspect this happened may be over a week ago. Unfortunately I'm not around from now & over the weekend to investigate further.

It would be great if someone else could investigate.

Thanks in advance.

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.