[Talk-GB] Rights of way - Image vote

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Fri May 11 10:28:48 BST 2012

Robert Whittaker (OSM) wrote:
> If the right of way is recorded in the Definitive Statement, then its
> 100% verifiable that it is indeed a right of way, and we can (given
> permission to use the Statement) record that in OSM.

Indeed - but it's helpful if a "source:designation" indicates that, so
that people know that there isn't a sign on the ground, but the source
is legitimate.

There are occasional misunderstandings where newbies think
"designation=public_footpath" is how all footpaths are tagged regardless
of legal status, and sometimes things turn up without any obvious
verifiability (I'm thinking particularly of the recent issue with byways
in England, and also C roads).

Cheers,
Andy