[Talk-GB] Post boxes!

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Fri May 11 14:24:05 BST 2012

" Royal Mail grid reference every post box "
Erm, a request made under the Freedom of Information Act only returned
textual descriptions (usually names of roads, often a side road it is
'near'). I believe Hull has been very hard to find postboxes from this
list. If there is grid reference data for every post box, then Royal Mail
may have broken the FoI Act. Although my information may be out of date, or
slightly wrong.

"Mr Willis photographs the base to record the manufacturer’s name and logs
a grid reference on a map"
Hmm, maybe he is making the grid referenced database?

I wrote this blog post a while back, which is good to reference if you talk
to someone about OSM & Postboxes.
http://www.livingwithdragons.com/2009/06/my-postbox-obsession

On 11 May 2012 13:49, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Heard about this on the radio. See link below:
>
> Here's a guy who is photographing post boxes in the UK - could be of real
> help for OSM. Anyone have contact with him or any other members of the 'Letter
> Box Study Group'?
>

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2142313/Retired-postman-embarks-epic-mission-photograph-115-000-Britains-post-boxes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
>
> Rob

Gregory