[Talk-GB] Post boxes!

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Fri May 11 16:30:21 BST 2012

On 11/05/2012 14:24, Gregory wrote:
> " Royal Mail grid reference every post box "
> Erm, a request made under the Freedom of Information Act only returned
> textual descriptions (usually names of roads, often a side road it is
> 'near'). I believe Hull has been very hard to find postboxes from this
> list. If there is grid reference data for every post box, then Royal
> Mail may have broken the FoI Act. Although my information may be out of
> date, or slightly wrong.
>
> "Mr Willis photographs the base to record the manufacturer’s name and
> logs a grid reference on a map"
> Hmm, maybe he is making the grid referenced database?

The article is unclear, but it may be referring to the Letter Box Study
Group database.
I'm not sure whether that database is based on the Royal Mail lists, or
just what members of the group have surveyed. So I don't know how
complete or accurate it is.

They do have a website ( http://www.lbsg.org/ ), though it seems the
database is only available to paid-up members.

Craig