[Talk-GB] routing on the road network

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:35:57 BST 2012

I don't think the email below made it to the list:

> On , Tim Pigden <tim.pigden at optrak.com> wrote:
>> Error reporting would definitely be a challenge.Are there existing
>> facilities to add "suspect" type tags to enable OSM itself to be the primary
>> reporting medium? I haven't looked into the details of editing OSM data but
>> adding new tags seems to require a collective decision.

Please don't add bug reports to the OSM database itself, whether
through "suspect" tags or similar. I expect anything like that would
lead to getting blocked pretty quickly!

There's a variety of existing bug reporting / QA toolchains -
Keepright, OSB, Mapdust - for everything from auto-generated
calculations to end-user reports. It's best to pick one of them, and
add your additional insights to that.

Cheers,
Andy