[Talk-GB] Hampshire Rights of Way Data released under OS OpenData licence

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu May 31 10:46:12 BST 2012

Hello everyone,

Some good news! As from yesterday, Hampshire County Council have released their Rights of Way data under the OS OpenData licence.

Details here:

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/communications/mediacentre/mediareleases.htm?newsid=534104

Slippy map, and downloadable raw data (shp or kml format) at:

http://www3.hants.gov.uk/row/row-maps.htm

I think we can import OS OpenData stuff into OSM can't we?

If so, I'd imagine what we need to do is:

- convert this data to .osm files with OSM tagging, and
- manually (not automatically!) add any paths not already in OSM to OSM.

I could develop a tool for the former, and do some, at least, of the latter though in other areas of the county it would be better done with people with local knowledge.

Nick