[Talk-GB] OS boundary data as background images in Potlatch or JOSM

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 16 07:42:25 GMT 2012

Dave, not sure exactly what you are looking for. If you are looking for a
display, then OSM Inspector (Multipolygon view) might help, as might
http://layers.openstreetmap.fr .

If you are looking for importable/traceable data, there are ready-to-go
GPX files available at
http://csmale.dev.openstreetmap.org/os_boundaryline/ which I made and am
using. You can open these as a "vector file" in Potlatch and they display
a nice thin blue line which can easily be converted to a way with
alt-click. The thin blue line is then *replaced* with the OSM way so I
often open the GPX a second time in the same session, to visualise the
border "in progress". I am slowly but surely working my way across Kent,
taking around 10 minutes for a typical civil parish.

Colin