[Talk-GB] Sittingbourne

Chris Baines cbaines8 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 20:58:44 GMT 2012

I was looking at the OSM Inspector, and happened to notice a large red bit
over Sittingbourne [1], on closer inspection, there seems to loads of good
data for Sittingbourne in OSM. However in my opinion, its not presented
(tagged, ...) in the best way.

The three issues that I have seen are:
 - landuse=residential building=yes tags on the buildings
   - in most cases this should just be building=house
 - building footprints are too big and often cover many houses
   - just need spiting up, one house, one building way
 - addr data separate from the building outlines
   - merge data per [3]

So, if anyone is having problems finding places to map... Also, if anyone
disagrees with the above assessment, please shout. I have already done a
bit of improvement here [2].

1:
http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=addresses&lon=0.73599&lat=51.34400&zoom=14&overlays=buildings,buildings_with_addresses,postal_code,nodes_with_addresses_defined,nodes_with_addresses_interpolated,no_addr_street,street_not_found,interpolation,interpolation_errors,connection_lines,nearest_points,nearest_roads
2: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.335704&lon=0.73662&zoom=18&layers=M
3: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/One_feature,_one_OSM_element