[Talk-GB] FixMyPaths - Hampshire rights of way problem reporting app - now available for testing

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Nov 30 00:11:51 GMT 2012

Hi,

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I have developed "FixMyPaths" (formerly "OpenHants") an initial prototype version of an Android app to report problems on Hampshire rights of way directly
to the council (as well as storing it in my own database, accessible via a web service). Currently it's Hampshire only but it's planned in the future to extend it to other counties.

The app is now ready for testing at the website:

http://www.fixmypaths.org/

which can also be used to report and view problems.

So if anyone is interested in testing it this weekend or next and is in or near Hampshire, please download!
The app initially downloads a large (8-9MB) map file (it uses the client-side Mapsforge library) so you'll probably need to have wifi access or have a decent download usage limit.

Thanks,
Nick