[Talk-GB] Gibraltar - Mapping Party?

John Baker rovastar at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 20:25:58 BST 2012

Maybe no-one cares but Roger was paid ($80,000 apparently) to create articles and promote Gibraltar.

I see this is part of that. Promote Gibraltar by linking it to OSM, get on the OSM wiki pages, etc, etc.

Personally I do feel uneasy working on crowded sourced/open sourced projects on the request of others that are paid to do it.

I would have thought they could at least chip in for the flights, accomadation, etc

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericgoldman/2012/10/05/wikipedias-pay-for-play-scandal-highlights-wikipedias-vulnerabilities/
http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2012/09/20/roger_bamkin_gibraltor_s_repeated_appearance_on_did_you_know_provkes_existential_crisis_for_wikipedia_.html

Just want to let people know the score beforehand.