[Talk-GB] DfT Cycling data - cycle lanes

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 09:36:07 BST 2012

I'll include opposite_lane; there are enough of them.

I'd probably tag the one by the Jeremy Bentham as cycleway:right=track (and
indeed that is how it is tagged). You can determine its unconventional
usage from the oneway tag(s), if you so wish.

I'd guess most of the cycleway=opposite_lane tags are situations where
there's a contraflow lane in a one-way street. I'd probably tag that as
cycleway:right=lane (+oneway:bicycle=no) myself, since otherwise you're
prevented from specifying what's happening in the forward direction. But
clearly cycleway=opposite_lane is still being used.

Richard