[Talk-GB] Lake District Satellite Imagery

Kevin Peat k at k3v.eu
Mon Oct 22 08:21:19 BST 2012

> On Oct 22, 2012 7:07 AM, "woollac at hotmail.com" <woollac at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> > Where i find bing is well out of alignment is in areas with deep
Valleys or ranges of mountains, where it matches for a while and then gets
distorted.

+1 on that. In flattish areas the newer Bing images seem fairly well
aligned but in areas with lots of elevation changes they can be well out
over quite short distances.

I created a GPX file for my area from the OS VMD dataset and try to use
that to align Bing but that doesn't work so well where there aren't many
roads.

As lots of mappers are using Bing I think it would be helpful if there was
some support in the editors for marking areas of Bing as unreliable and
having that communicated to other mappers so they don't wrongly realign
things.

Regards,
Kevin