[Talk-GB] Offset problem

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Oct 23 12:31:50 BST 2012

Ed Loach wrote:
> Dumbleton seems to think it is in Gloucestershire based on the links
> from
> http://www.dumbletonvillage.co.uk/
>
> It may be one of these strange places though that because their
> sorting office is in WR gets a postal county of Worcestershire but
> an admin county of Gloucestershire. I think I read recently that
> Royal Mail have dropped counties from their addresses though.
> Wikipedia suggests something similar to what I remember:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_counties_of_the_United_Kingdom

At the risk of repeating myself ;)
The problem I'm seeing now I investigate further is not so much the 'county',
but rather the missing 'city' and/or 'place' references.

Dumbleton, Evesham is correct ... it's 9km
Dumbleton, Tewkesbury is wrong ... it's 15km

And Smallbrook Road, Wychavon just does not make any sense at all :( Yet move
over the boarder a few hundred meters and I get Field Lane, Willersey which IS
correct.

All I'm trying to do here is get Nominatim and OSRM reporting the correct
details ... but I've not found any 'rules' yet to get these reported correctly?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL