[Talk-GB] Please support my request to replace OS OpenData Licence with the standard OGL

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 19:00:11 UTC 2013

All,

Whether you care for public sector data released under the OS OpenData
Licence or not, this will probably effect you one way or another. Can I
therefore request that you please submit a comment in support of the data
request available at the link below.

This is especially true if you run a business that uses OSM data - if you
could mention your business in the comments then that would be much
appreciated. A simple line saying that your business relies on the
availability of free re-use data would be great.

http://data.gov.uk/data-requests/all-datasets-available-under-the-os-opendata-licence-ordnance-survey

The Open Data User Group [1] is a Government Policy Advisory Group and they
intend to discuss the OS OpenData Licence at their next meeting.
Submissions by Tuesday morning would therefore be most beneficial.

Rob

p.s. Lets not get bogged down with the OSM/OS "Special Arrangement" (I've
heard it all before). The bottom line is that OS OpenData Licence is a mess
and the fewer public sector organisations that use it the better.

[1] https://www.gov.uk/government/policy-advisory-groups/129