[Talk-GB] OSM on BBC TV

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:13:25 UTC 2013

Hello,

My house mate was watching "Man Lab" while I was cooking dinner and heard
"we've armed ourselves with the latest in mapping technology".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rsk2w/James_Mays_Man_Lab_Series_3_Episode_2/?t=50m30s
A closer look at 55:20, but his hand covering the attribution!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01rsk2w/James_Mays_Man_Lab_Series_3_Episode_2/?t=54m25s

I look over his shoulder and what do I see, none other than the
OpenStreetMap base map being used by James May.
I think it was this website:
http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Nothing in the credits. Is it worth looking into this?

I think it would be nice to have a wiki page "OSM spotted in the wild" or
"notable OSM use", probably categorised by countries and medium.

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com