[Talk-GB] OSM on BBC TV

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 18:49:21 UTC 2013

I must admit I am hoping that SOTM being in the UK this year will give us some good media coverage.

Dudley

Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 14:41:04 +0100
From: k at k3v.eu
To: nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
CC: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] OSM on BBC TV

On 8 April 2013 12:13, Gregory <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com> wrote:

...I think it was this website:http://www.netweather.tv/indeI think it would be nice to have a wiki page "OSM spotted in the wild" or "notable OSM use", x.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

Nothing in the credits. Is it worth looking into this?
I also noticed this, probably because I have been using the netweather.tv site for quite a while. Free weather radar on an OSM basemap is pretty cool. The website attributes OSM which I think is all that could be expected. I don't think TV would ever be expected to attribute things which appear fairly incidentally and if anything they should have credited netweather rather than OSM.

Kevin