[Talk-GB] NCN 28?

Kevin Peat k at k3v.eu
Tue Apr 9 09:44:04 UTC 2013

Richard,

On 9 April 2013 09:31, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone able to verify the existence or otherwise of NCN 28 from Exeter
> to Dartmoor, as shown on OSM right now?

Ashamed to say I am not at all familiar with NCN 28 despite the low zoom
map on Sustrans site showing it coming within a couple of hundred metres of
my house.

I assume the open section they are talking about on their website is the
new path and bridge around the back of Newton Abbot racecourse which I have
ridden a couple of times and does I think have some NCN signage which must
be 28. I will check this next time I am up there unless someone else has
confirmed it already.

The South Devon Link Road construction gives rise to new cycle paths from
Newton Abbot down to Torquay which this document:

   http://www.devon.gov.uk/ldfpaper-newtonabbot.pdf

mentions as being part of NCN 28. Those paths will be finished around the
end of next year. They have recently started on the groundworks so there is
nothing to see as yet.

Torbay Council are working on some cycle paths in Paignton right now which
might become part of this but I haven't seen any signage around as yet. I
think the work has been held up a bit due to the poor weather of late.

Kevin (user: devonshire)