[Talk-GB] Railway bridge numbers

Gregory Williams gregory at gregorywilliams.me.uk
Tue Apr 9 19:00:59 UTC 2013

Yes, this is what I do. In fact the example which Chris picked out was done by me a few years ago when I cycled through the area. I’ve tagged quite a few bridges like this in Kent. You’ll also notice that I’ve included the operator, operator’s phone number, bridge name, etc. on the relation too when they’re included on the sign.

Railway structure numbers seem to have a letter portion, which denotes the line, and a sequential numeric portion. Occasionally there are places where an extra bridge has been added and these have a letter suffix, just like extra motorway junctions.

Cheers,

Gregory