[Talk-GB] 10 fascinating facts about OSM & OSGB

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Thu Apr 18 18:15:08 UTC 2013

On 18/04/13 18:12, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net
> <mailto:osm at raggedred.net>> wrote:
>
>     I followed the guidelines in the wiki [1]
>

> That seems to boil down to "don't modify naptan: tags except
> naptan:verified", so hopefully we won't have to worry about conflicts
> between import updates and manual changes there.

There are many naptan:* tags that are not mentioned on the page. If you
find any that are not consistent with what you find on the ground,
change them. Examples are bearing, street, Atcocode, landmark, all of
which I found often to be wrong. Various authorities include different
levels of detail, so there may be more tags than this. All are open to
change if you find an error.

> Not sure what to with naptan:verified=yes when updating a stop,
> setting it to "no" and leaving it unchanged both seem unsatisfactory.

If a stop has been verified, delete the naptan:verified=*.

I should add that I sent all of the anomalies I found to my local
councils. having said they were interested, both ignored my data, so OSM
in my area is still more accurate that the NaPTAN data. Local
authorities provide the data that ends up in NaPTAN. I would not,
therefore, support updating OSM with another NaPTAN import in my local area.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly