[Talk-GB] Neighbourhood Planning - data import proposal

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 21:38:06 UTC 2013

stephen.peters1 at sky.com wrote:

> Comments please on my proposal to upload new data about Neighbourhood
> Planning Areas in England.  This will involve re-using parish and
> electoral ward boundaries across the country.

First, perhaps you could explain the steps that you took to follow the
guidelines on the page:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

before carrying out this import:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/15772466 ?

What is the benefit of having the bunch of nodes that you have so far
uploaded in OSM?  Surely nothing exists yet until the "neighbourhoods"
that "https://www.gov.uk/neighbourhood-planning" talks about actually
have a referedum to decide that they exist, and then when that happens
they can add themselves?  I don't see how your import helps.  For
example, I live in an area that has a parish council - they already do
stuff locally.  I'd expect any "neighbourhood planning" malarkey to be
just another funding stream for them in addition to the slice from
council tax - surely there's no need in that case for any extra data in
OSM at all?

Also, how does this "proposal" relate to previous changesets such as
e.g. this one:

Cheers,

Andy