[Talk-GB] Taginfo Golf Tags

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 10:12:20 UTC 2013

sk53.osm wrote:
> I've added the Ladies (Pans) Course at Machrihanish
> <http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/?q=machrihanish&zoom=16&lat=55.42622&lon=-5.72159&layers=B00000F>
> and the 1st & 18th of the Championship course. I can't remember where all the
> tees are, and as for many links courses, fairways are often shared between
> holes. I've put two out-of-bounds ways on too, but these need refinement (left
> of 18 on the main course, i.e., the fairway on 9 of the 9-hole course is
> out-of-bounds, but not vice versa). Other things to note, the beach is in play
> on the 1st, I've not added other water hazards. I don't put single lines in for
> holes as these entirely depend on the ability of the golfer.
>
> Parkland courses usually have the edges of the holes more obviously
> distinguished, but then the rough is usually less intimidating. I long ago
> started but never finished Chilwell Manor
> <http://tile.openstreetmap.fr/?q=machrihanish&zoom=17&lat=52.91646&lon=-1.21937&layers=B00000F>.

Bob Kerr provided some examples off list
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=56.00343&lon=-2.5352&zoom=16 is typical and
has a lot more detail than is rendered - no bunkers for example. But I don't
think we need an outline to each hole as in your example ( both links are the
same ) ... I'd prefer to see one of the tee to hole tracks which is a little
easier to view, that is if it's rendered ;)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL