[Talk-GB] Mass edits of landuse /natural tags

John Baker rovastar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:07:17 UTC 2013

On the contrary Chris but I do understand. It seems that many here do not.

The objections still baffle me. I can only presume that anyone doing any edit without a GPS and physical survey is not welcomed on this list much like the continuing animosity over armchair mapping/using aerial imagery.

The wiki is a consensus of opinion over the years about how to tag things. The lack of respect for this I find staggering.

I have no problem with people using minority tags but if you choose to use them that conflict and/or are easily confused with existing tags. e.g. if you want to use something for describing the type of grass used, use grasstype= or something not natural=grass that *most* have been entered incorrectly when they mean landuse=grass for grass landcover.

To be honest I am less likely to engage in discussion about future edits as all they will seem to end in is: always message the original editor, always do a manual survey and you don't know what you are doing - all of which I strongly disagree with.