[Talk-GB] Missing place=city nodes: Manchester, Leeds

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sun Apr 28 08:49:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've noticed (through doing nominatim searches) that a small number of UK cities (i.e. Manchester and Leeds) do not appear to have a place=city node, only an administrative boundary.

Is this deliberate? I've tried other large UK cities and all of those have a place=city node.

If it's a genuine error I'll add Manchester back (assuming Piccadilly Gardens is the centre, unless anyone has any better suggestions) but don't know Leeds well enough to know what might be thought of as the centre.

Thanks,
Nick