[Talk-GB] Missing place=city nodes: Manchester, Leeds

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sun Apr 28 13:09:39 UTC 2013

On 28/04/2013 13:57, Dave F. wrote:
> General point: Please don't attach place tags onto other way/polygon
> objects. They often get deleted when the ways are unpicked then re-added.

Indeed. And I would say don't try to use nodes or ways for multiple
purposes at all. So putting a node at the tiown hall is not the same
thing as tagging the town hall as 'place' as I have seen happen before.
We even had one instance of a post box also being tagged place=...
because it happened to be convenient.

David