[Talk-GB] Writing a howto wiki page for mapping golf courses

Bob Kerr openstreetmapcraigmillar at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 10:57:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have been spending a lot of time looking at Taginfo and golf courses. I would like to layout the best way to map a golf course based on what I have found.

I was thinking of creating a page "HOWTO map a golf course 2013"

This is not a proposal for tags, I would link to Taginfo pages of tags that are already used, this would just help with data consistency.

My reasoning comes from the idea that mappers like a challenge like a golf course, much like they do a zoo. In Scotland there are between 530-630 golf courses. This would be useful if the data were consistent. It would also get the golfing community talking about openstreetmap and there are a considerable number of golfers

Are there any precedents for HOWTO pages

Cheers

Bob