[Talk-GB] walls versus landuse=field

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Tue Apr 30 11:17:41 UTC 2013

Hedges are also rendered at higher zoom levels.

Mapping hedges alongside roads had inspired me to try mapping roads as areas, not too sure if its been a success.

Phil (trigpoint)
--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 30/04/2013 12:09 Henry Gomersall wrote:

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 11:15 +0100, Ed Loach wrote:
> I can't post to list at moment (stupid ISP) so am sending offlist
> reply. I use landuse=farmland for the land (usually in areas greater
> than a single field) and then add barrier=hedge or barrier=fence as
> appropriate (I've not generally encountered many barrier=wall in
> fields around here, but would use it if I did).
>
> Example area:
> http://osm.org/go/0EHnEl6F

That's interesting. So it seems that Mapnik _is_ rendering fences. Who's
the arbiter of what is rendered in the main map?

barrier=wall is very common in the areas that interest me (the lakes),
and very useful info to walkers too.

hen

Talk-GB at openstreetmap.org
http://osm.org/go/0EHnEl6F