[Talk-GB] walls versus landuse=field

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Apr 30 12:35:38 UTC 2013

On 30 April 2013 12:32, Henry Gomersall <heng at cantab.net> wrote:

> Does meadow mean grazing land? Do we define high fell land as "meadow"
> as well when it's used for grazing sheep?
> Perhaps a landuse=grazing should be available.

If you wanted to define field types, I'd suggest the following tags. This
is more or less what is on the wiki, but ignoring some of the more stupid
conventions that someone has introduced.

landuse=farmland for agricultural land (crops, pasture, fruits, etc.)
landuse=meadow for meadows that are kept by grazing animals
natural=meadow for meadows that are left to themselves
natural=scrub/fell/heath/scrub based on standard English definitions.

Look on the wiki for other values e.g. for mountainous or coastal areas.


http://tom.acrewoods.net   http://twitter.com/tom_chance
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/attachments/20130430/56acc4f4/attachment.html>

More information about the Talk-GB mailing list