[Talk-GB] walls versus landuse=field

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Tue Apr 30 12:48:42 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 13:35 +0100, Tom Chance wrote:
> On 30 April 2013 12:32, Henry Gomersall <heng at cantab.net> wrote:
>         Does meadow mean grazing land? Do we define high fell land as
>         "meadow"
>         as well when it's used for grazing sheep?
>         Perhaps a landuse=grazing should be available.
> If you wanted to define field types, I'd suggest the following tags.
> This is more or less what is on the wiki, but ignoring some of the
> more stupid conventions that someone has introduced.
> landuse=farmland for agricultural land (crops, pasture, fruits, etc.)
> landuse=meadow for meadows that are kept by grazing animals
> natural=meadow for meadows that are left to themselves
> natural=scrub/fell/heath/scrub based on standard English definitions.

Yeah, I had a look, but I can't see anything about mountainous pasture
land. The issue is land that is very clearly strongly influenced by the
presence of animals, but isn't farmland as such. meadow is probably
acceptable, but doesn't seem _quite_ right.


More information about the Talk-GB mailing list