[Talk-GB] walls versus landuse=field

sk53.osm sk53.osm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 13:06:44 UTC 2013

This is quite reasonable, although as I use farmland for all agriculture
(but not viticulture or orchards) I had never appreciated that it seems to
have become synonymous with arable.
I still think landuse=farmland, farmland=arable is a better way of tagging
(& a tad friendlier to data consumers).

There is one point where I would take exception landuse=meadow; there still
should be a distinction for grasses grown as a 'crop' for leys
(monocultures of grasses mainly for silage) and hay meadows, and fields
predominantly used for pasture.