[Talk-GB] Tagging Banquetting Halls (neither hotels, not community centres)

OpenStreetmap HADW osmhadw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 07:07:59 UTC 2013

On 21 August 2013 14:44, Craig Wallace <craigw84 at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Banqueting hall seems rather specific.
> These types of places may be used for a wide variety of events, so may be
> known by different names. eg might be used for conferences, exhibition, live
> music etc.
>
> I think a more generic tag for an "event hall" would be useful.

That's probably better than banqueting hall.  On the other hand, it
needs to be distinguished from the concept "exposition centre" which
is listed as something that a conference centre is not.

Conference centre was suggested off list, but I think that is
different:  much more strongly B2B, large groups talking together,
rather than lots of small conversations, little connotation of food
and even less of music and dance.