[Talk-GB] Phone numbers in little England

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 22 18:12:40 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-22 20:00, sk53.osm wrote:

> As the NSA clearly don't process their data according to E.164
> (otherwise how could they confuse Washington DC area code with Egypt),
> I think we can skip it too!

Yes well they have a habit of being rather parochial in their view of
the world. Everyone makes mistakes, and I guess they might be taking
steps to prevent recurrence. That does not provide an argument to
discredit an established international standard. Obviously you
understand that in the US number 1-202-555-1212 the initial 1 is not the
country code. You would be surprised how many people don't.