[Talk-GB] Tagging Banquetting Halls (neither hotels, not community centres)

OpenStreetmap HADW osmhadw at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 10:07:18 UTC 2013

On 22 August 2013 10:03, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> website=xxx - which will give the details (if we could access them from the
> map)

I'm not sure if I can quote the website in this case as Google may
have a database copyright on it.  I generally only quote websites if
they are advertised on the geographic site itself.  In this case, the
building was strangely anonymous, other than the name and the car
parking arrangements.

> The bottom line is "do we add the fine detail?" ... places like Lumley are a

My feeling is that the query/rendering tools can throw away excess
detail, but cannot generate detail that is not there.  I think the
limit has to be set by when a reasonably intelligent person cannot
distinguish between two categories (which is not to say that in the
grey world in which we live, many if not most things will fall close
to borderlines).