[Talk-GB] Building in space

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 25 16:30:18 UTC 2013

It's quite complicated(conceptually and technically) and that level of
detail is not done by many people yet.

There is information in the wiki though, and several people are thinking a
lot about it. I think there will be a few talks about mapping for
disabilities at this year's State of the Map.

A quick search threw up these pages for me:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Levels
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IndoorOSM#Modeling_the_different_levels_.28floors.29

Greg.

On 25 August 2013 12:57, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a multi-story car park which I need to add a 'shopmobility' hire
> store on the top level and correctly link to the footpaths and roads so
> that routing works for disabled users. The only road access is on the base
> level, and disabled bays are on the top level next to the shop. Footpaths
> all come of the top level and the road access slopes steeply away from the
> car park. Just to add to the fun, there is a car valeting business 3
> stories below, as well which is also not mapped currently. I'm not seeing
> anything in the wiki as a guide to handle this.
>
> --
> Lester Caine - G8HFL

Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com