[Talk-GB] Mapping Archaeology

lester at lsces.co.uk lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 08:11:21 UTC 2013

Obviously the location of  the site can be identified, and any excavations recorded. These are current facts. But I keep watching Time Team and thinking that all of the material they gather would make a good base for an historic view of the UK. Not sure where we are with the servers for the historic map, but in a lot of places the historic view breaks through into the current data! So the idea that this material is stored in the same database is in so many cases sensible? There is considerably less data that is totally lost to redevelopment against that which is now being preserved below that development? Being able to view what is actually recorded below that development would be an excellent next step?

Sent from my android tablet, so quoting gets messed up!