[Talk-GB] Changes to OpenStreetMap.org website

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Dec 3 19:14:32 UTC 2013

On 03/12/13 16:44, david wrote:
> On 03/12/13 14:22, Tom Hughes wrote:
>> On 03/12/13 14:08, Roger Calvert wrote:
>>
>>> On the new front page, the search button seems to have a broken link -
>>> if you type in a place name (I tried 'Kendal' and 'Barrow') it goes to
>>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/search,  and says
>
>> What browser are you using? How exactly are you performing the search
>> when it errors - do you enter return after typing? or click the search
>> button with them mouse?
>
> For me it is broken on Firefox, both on Ubuntu and Android, works OK on
> android browser.

I've been working with Roger on this for the last couple of hours and I
think we have got to the bottom of it now. Basically, this works:

   http://www.openstreetmap.org/

but this doesnn't:

   http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html

If you use the second one to load the site then you will get an
exception during page load that stops things initialising fully.

I've just pushed a fix that should be live in the next half hour.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/