[Talk-GB] Hants CC - Open Government Licence & use of data

Andy Street mail at andystreet.me.uk
Wed Dec 4 02:24:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:00:20 +0000
Jonathan <bigfatfrog67 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone clarify the situation for me.  I'm in Worcestershire
> where permission was previously sought to use the Worcs CC PRoW.
> However, what is the advice in a situation where you can't use
> official PRoW data, Bing shows a path across a field, a ground survey
> also shows a clear path across the field but the signs show a Public
> Footpath along the edge into another field and rejoining on the other
> side.
>
> Do we map where people are trespassing, maybe with a bland
> highway=path tag and source=bing;survey or just map the official
> PRoW.  Further more, if there are no clear signs somewhere (often the
> case), do we just leave it blank, even though the CC show it on their
> copyright map or again show a highway=path marking the tresspassing.

Map what you know, leave whatever remains for other people or a
later date. If you know they are trespassing then it's highway=path,
access=private, otherwise just add highway=path as it could be either
permissive or private.

If you are unable to follow a PRoW on the ground then please consider
submitting a fault report to the council. Not only will you be helping
fellow mappers who follow in your footsteps but other path users too.

--
Regards,

Andy Street