[Talk-GB] Warning: Freemap server upgrade tomorrow 19/12/13

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Dec 18 08:46:11 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

Just a quick warning: the Freemap server will have its OS upgraded tomorrow 19/12/13 from around 9am.
This means that Freemap, FixMyPaths and OpenTrailView will be unavailable for a time tomorrow.
It will also mean that the OpenTrail and Hikar apps will be unable to fetch data from the server.

There is a small risk that something will go wrong with the server upgrade - last time I did it there were some postgres issues - meaning that the above sites could be out of action for a longer period, particularly as it's coming up to Christmas and I have lots of other things to do. However it is to be hoped that this will not happen. Apologies in advance if it does.

Dan - sorry for such late reply on your latest email, just been v busy! Will try and get back to you today and will try and write the blog article over Christmas :-) Little time lately!

BTW if you've been trying to use freemap in the past week and wondering why your area was not rendering there was a bug in the "render dirty tiles" cron job which has now been fixed.

Thanks,
Nick