[Talk-GB] Warning: Freemap server upgrade tomorrow 19/12/13

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Dec 20 09:54:49 UTC 2013

To update on this: some unforeseen problems occurred with the upgrade, possibly because this is about the 6th OS upgrade that I've done over the lifetime of the server and little errors have mounted up.

So, I've done a complete wipe and re-install of the VM. Due to it being nearly Christmas, however, I'm not that confident about being able to reinstall freemap before Christmas, it might be Boxing Day or even the 27th.

Apologies for this if you were planning on using freemap/fixmypaths/opentrailview before that, but given it's nearly Christmas I suspect many have other things on their mind!

BTW has anyone had experiences with Bytemark's "Big V" VMs? They seem to offer higher spec VMs for lower cost than their standard VMs.

Nick