[Talk-GB] Warning: Freemap server upgrade tomorrow 19/12/13

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Sun Dec 22 16:26:08 UTC 2013

>To  update on this: some unforeseen problems occurred with the upgrade,  possibly because this is about the 6th OS upgrade that I've done over  the lifetime of the server and >little errors have mounted up.

>So,  I've done a complete wipe and re-install of the VM. Due to it being  nearly Christmas, however, I'm not that confident about being able to  reinstall freemap before Christmas,
>it might be Boxing Day or even the  27th.

Further update: Freemap itself is now back up. However the rendering will initially be very slow as the caches (OSM and contour) need to be regenerated. Mountainous areas are likely to be initially particularly slow due to the large number of contours.

FixMyPaths and opentrailview are still not up but should be soon.

Nick