[Talk-GB] Question regarding OS Opendata

tony wroblewski tony.wroblewski at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 17:16:31 UTC 2013

Thanks for the information.

With regards to buildings, What I mean is that normally I add both an
OpenData transparent layer and the bing layer in JOSM, and can see that
sometimes they align quite nicely, and sometimes there is a noticable
difference. People seem to generally map buildings using the bing layer
without any alignment, or taking parallax into account.

Generally I like to believe that the ordnance survery data is more correct,
but sometimes it contains large errors, such as missing, badly shaped
forests or completely missing buildings. I'm guessing it's quite difficult
to get it really accurate, even when using a GPS, so I guess it's best to
stick to whichever is the most accurate.

Tony