[Talk-GB] New user reinstating old railways in Norfolk

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Feb 18 14:47:11 GMT 2013

On 18/02/13 14:24, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:

> New user MATTHEW NIBARI [1] has created just two changesets [2], both
> yesterday (17th February). The OSM History viewer views of these are
> as follows:
>
> http://osmhv.openstreetmap.de/changeset.jsp?id=15065237
> http://osmhv.openstreetmap.de/changeset.jsp?id=15066769
>
> I've been though every way listed there, and every single change in
> both of these changesets involves changing railway=abandoned or
> railway=disused to railway=rail, and removing any highway=* tags. I
> haven't checked every way, but I expect that all these railway lines
> are indeed disused or abandoned, and so the previous tagging was
> correct.

He posted diary entries as well, and several of us have tried to engage
with him there.

 From his last comment here:

   http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MATTHEW%20NIBARI/diary/18652

I wonder if he is just very confused and thinks this is the correct way
to create a custom map for himself?

His english doesn't seem to be brilliant which may not be helping with
people's attempts to explain the problem to him.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/