[Talk-GB] "road names" along the A50 (and elsewhere)

John Baker rovastar at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 00:44:24 GMT 2013

I had a response.

Apparently these are "official" Department of Transport road names.

Now I don't know as this differs to what is on the ground what should be done about this.

"Fos­ton Hat­ton Hilton Bypass", etc  don't as far I I know appear on the ground however I think the some record should appear in OSM. I am worried about the trend in this case of placing them as the "name" of the road as what reference point would people use for these.

Any thoughts?

John