[Talk-GB] Dartmoor needs fixing (heath area missing a chunk)

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Thu Feb 28 23:07:03 UTC 2013

Jason Cunningham wrote:
> It looks like an edit in the Dartmoor area has caused problems. A
> large square chunk of heath is missing with a waterway unnaturally
> running along the line of the bottom right of the square.

When did it break?  Using ITO's OSM mapper it looks like there have been
three edits in that area since 23rd December, with (from looking at the
way history) the first one of those being the more likely to be the cause.

If it was 23rd Dec*, it might be possible to revert that using JOSM (OSM
mapper suggests it doesn't clash with later edits) and if that was the
cause of the problem, that might fix it.  I'm happy to press the button,
but would need someone familar with the area to confirm that things
haven't been made worse!  It might be worth any interested parties being
in #osm-gb at the same time to make conversations quicker.

Probably best to wait for 2nd or 3rd opinions first, though.  With such
low edit density (it looks excellent as a "get away from it all"
destination - certainly compared to the Peak District!) there shouldn't
be a problem of tripping over many later edits, provided no-one starts
repairing piecemeal.

Cheers,
Andy

* another possibility I guess is redaction damage, although I don't see
the redaction account in the OSM Mapper list.