[Talk-GB] Marking landuse and field boundaries

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Tue Jan 1 16:10:01 GMT 2013

On 01/01/13 11:15, Dudley Ibbett wrote:
> I must admit I don't map land use if it is farmland.  To me if it
> isn't mapped it is farmland.  It would seem a reasonable default.

+1

Smothering the countryside with landuse when it's farmland seems well
over the top to me. Marking a single field surrounded by urban or a
village setting seems a good idea, but just making everything in the
countryside that isn't woods, water, scrub, wetland, etc etc as farmland
or fields seems distracting. Adding a named farmyard however is a very
good landmark.

> Please give barrier mapping a go as we are out there.

+1

Barriers are really useful countryside mapping. They are good landmarks
and distinguishing fences, walls and hedges is very helpful. Breaks or
gates etc help show where RoW go, adding a barrier alongside a RoW makes
it plain where to go too, which might be less obvious in one direction
than in the other.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly