[Talk-GB] Guidance for adding PRoW to OSM: prow_ref=

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:23:19 GMT 2013

On 31 December 2012 16:38, David Groom <reviews at pacific-rim.net> wrote:
> Not that I'm overly bothered, but since the wiki was only changed a few
> hours ago, and tag info statistics seem to show a greater usage of prow:ref,
> I'd have thought standardising on that (and changing the wiki) would have
> been the better option.

Do you remember what figures were you looking at?

The taginfo data I'm looking at today at
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=prow_ref is dated as
"2013-01-02 00:58 UTC" and shows 670 uses of prow_ref, versus only 361
of prow:ref. Have things changed that much in a couple of days?

Robert.

PS: I've just converted a number of ref=* to prow_ref=* on Rights of
Way that I originally tagged with ref=*. But these changes were only
made today and so are not included in the above taginfo numbers. (I
figured that even if prow_ref isn't going to be the final name for the
key, this change will make is simpler to change to the final value at
a later date.)

--
Robert Whittaker