[Talk-GB] Marking landuse and field boundaries

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Jan 2 15:39:30 GMT 2013

On 31/12/2012 21:17, Steven Horner wrote:
> Personally I would love to see fields (landuse) and the walls/fences
> that make this up marked on OSM ...

I'm afraid I'm going to be a bit of a party pooper.

Whilst having all the boundary data in OSM would be nice, I'd hardly
call it essential. I do a lot of rural walking & always record & map any
barriers that are relevant to the path I'm on, but, personally,  I
consider mapping all hedges etc. a waste of time. Why bother if no one
is ever going to use that information by walking there?

I consider farmland as the base layer & therefore rarely map it as fields.

Cheers
Dave F.